It is very seldom that the sun meets the backs of the inhabitants of Wales. On those very rare occasions, regardless of the temperature, people make their way outdoors. Adam and I are not excluded from this common practice.
One day it was so sunny, I needed to wear my sunglasses...and my winter coat. We went to Roath Park, a beautiful botanical garden with an adjoining lake just 5 minutes walk from my house. While walking through the garden we stumbled upon a man-made waterfall.
On our way back we passed one of the nicer restaurants in the Heath area (where I live) that had sadly experienced some vandalism.
The next day, we went to make dinner and I shrieked! I remembered that I had placed two bottles of beer in Adam's freezer the night before to cool them quickly; I failed to remove them. New rule: don't put glass bottles in the freezer 'cause this is what happens. It makes a sad Adam.
A few weeks later, we were invited to an 80's party at one of Adam's friend's house. He wasn't too keen on going but after a lot (A LOT) of pleading on my part, he finally gave in. On the way home I yelled out, "I'm gonna do the craziest thing to my hair!" He calmly replied, "Please don't take long." Little did he know that he was going to look just as awesome as me by the time I was through with him. With some hair spray, a hair dryer, Adam's hands (and patience) and an insane amount of hair cement--it feels like glue--in 15 minutes, I accomplished my new favorite look--the mohawk. After Adam realized how cool I looked,
Two weeks later, it was Valentines Day.
He can smell them from miles away. Pick & Mix is his worst enemy, or rather, his wallets worst enemy. So, this is what I made him for his Valentine's present.
That night we had a dressy dinner at a great little family-owned Mediterranean restaurant.
In the UK there is a commonly celebrated 'holiday' called "Pancake Tuesday." It is the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday--for Catholics--and it's all about getting rid of the nice stuff in your cupboard so one is not tempted to eat it during Lent. So, basically all you eat on Tuesday is pancakes. We eat pancakes all the time so this was no new thing, but this time we put blueberries in them...smiley blueberries.
The next weekend we both--only because I begged and then promised to dance with Adam while in London (I don't dance)--participated in London's International Model United Nations. LIMUN is one of the biggest Model UN summits in the world. It was fantastic. Our team represented Burkina Faso. I was in the UN Development Program and Adam was in the Disarmament and Security department.
Just a few weeks later, my flatmate, Jess, turned 21. The theme of her party was "Headlines of the Last Year." This could be anything from pop culture, gossip column, politics, religion, movie headlines and the like. One of my flatmates, Hannah, decided to go as an Avatar.
Alright, thanks for dropping by! More to come later on.
I didn't get to read all this yet...but I am wondering is this private? just curious. and...
ReplyDeletebe sure to check out this particular post. :) I can't wait til I have time to read all this!
http://gangsterpixie.blogspot.com/2010/03/awards.html
oh...and if you want to know where to find cute backgrounds let me know. :)
I haven't gone out of my way to make it private. At this point, I got nothin' to hide. Should I be worried?
ReplyDelete